- what Personal Data we collect from you and for which purpose; through our website www.silverfin.com, www.getsilverfin.com and www.silverfin.be (the “Website”) and the Silverfin platform (the “Platform”);
- the measures to safeguard the security of your Personal Data;
- and your rights with respect to your Personal Data.
Silverfin explicitly confirms that all Personal Data are processed in accordance with the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation”' or “GDPR”). All capitalized terms not defined in this Privacy Statement will have the meaning as set forth in the GDPR.
This Privacy Statement applies to the processing and transmission of Personal Data by Silverfin NV, with registered office at Gaston Crommenlaan 12, 9050 Gent, Belgium and registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises with enterprise number 0524.802.662, including all subsidiaries of Silverfin NV (“Silverfin” or “we”) via or Website or the Platform.
By using the Website or the Platform or by providing us with Personal Data, the Customer explicitly agrees with the manner of processing and collection by Silverfin of his/her Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
2. Personal Data
By using the Website or the Platform, Silverfin collects and processes your data. Some elements of such may qualify as Personal Data. Silverfin collects Personal Data through the following channels:
- Personal Data provided by yourself through input on the Website or Platform: for example, contact details when subscribing to a newsletter, or account details for use on the Platform;
- Personal Data provided by a subscriber of the Platform through input on the Platform, for example, invoice details. For such Personal Data, Silverfin will act as Processor;
Silverfin may process following Personal Data in accordance with this Statement:
- contact information (such as address, e-mail address and phone number);
- technical data (such as IP-address);
- commercial data (e.g. Invoicing details, address, bank account number);
- accounting data and other related financial data.
Silverfin will store and process your Personal Data on its servers located within the European Economic Area.
3. Purpose of the Processing
Silverfin will process your Personal Data for following purposes as Controller of the processing:
Administration concerning the Silverfin events, the Platform and related services;
- which you may withdraw at any given moment upon first request;
- Direct marketing via other channels: Silverfin may process your Personal Data to keep you updated of its events and its services. You explicitly consent to this specific processing which you may withdraw at any given moment upon first request;
- Technical support and monitoring of your use of the Website and the Platform to ameliorate your user experience and to improve our Website and Platform;
- In our capacity as (sub-)Processor.
In addition, Silverfin will process Personal Data on behalf of its customer, in a capacity of Processor or Sub Processor, as follows:
- in the event your Personal Data were provided by a user of the Platform (e.g. your invoicing details by an accountant using the Silverfin Platform).
- If you have explicitly consented to direct marketing through the Platform: you may receive targeted direct marketing with respect to the purchase of goods and services that may be advantageous on the basis of your accounting data (including the Personal Data); You will be requested to provide your explicit consent for this specific processing
For above-mentioned processing activities in a capacity of Data Processor, Silverfin will act under the responsibility of the Data Controller and in accordance with the processor agreement concluded between Silverfin and the Controller.
Silverfin shall take appropriate technical and organizational measures that are necessary for the protection of the Personal Data against accidental or unauthorized destruction, against accidental loss, as well as against the modification of or access to, and any other prohibited processing of the Personal Data. These measures will ensure an appropriate level of security.
5. Rights of the concerned person
Right to access
If you would like to view your Personal Data that has been processed by Silverfin or have any questions about the processing of your Personal Data, you are entitled to exercise your right to access. Silverfin will then provide you with information about the Personal Data that is being processed and on the source of such Personal Data.
Right of rectification or deletion
You have the right to request us, free of charge, to correct any incorrect Personal Data if such Personal Data would be incomplete or inaccurate. You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Data by Silverfin.
Right to object free of charge
You are entitled to object at any time and without any motivation to the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You have the right to request all your Personal Data in a structured and generally accepted file format.
You have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority should the processing of your Personal Data violate the applicable regulations.
Each request to exercise your above-mentioned rights or any other questions concerning this Privacy Statement shall be addressed to email@example.com or by writing to Gaston Crommenlaan 12, 9050 Gent, Belgium.
6. Term Disclosure of Personal Data
For certain purposes it may be required for Silverfin to share your Personal Data with third parties. You, therefore, provide your express consent to share your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement. Silverfin’s Processors and sub-processors always act under our responsibility and in accordance with a processor agreement entered into between Silverfin and its (sub-)Processors.
Other than as set out in Article 3, Silverfin will never share or sell your Personal Data with third parties for commercial purposes.
Silverfin will save and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement until you withdraw your consent to process Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement, or until the termination of the contractual relationship with the Controller (or Processor).
Silverfin is entitled to occasionally review and change this Privacy Statement in order to allow us to use your Personal Data for other purposes than those mentioned herein.
If Silverfin would process your Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time of the collection of the Personal Data, we will provide you with a notice on our Website and on our Platform indicating that the Privacy Statement has been changed or updated and you shall have the possibility to object your consent in this respect.
A cookie is a small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. Its purpose is to remember information about you. Cookies make it possible for a website to recognize your browser and to surf quick and easily on a website. If you don’t want a website to place cookies on your computer, you can change the settings of your browser accordingly.
In addition, Silverfin uses the following cookies of third parties on the Website:
Silverfin only tracks anonymized IP addresses in the context of Google Analytics. You can find out more about how Google uses your data at http://www.google.com/analytics and www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Silverfin uses Hubspot to support its marketing and sales efforts. Please visit HubSpot for more information.
Silverfin uses LinkedIn to communicate and to measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
Silverfin uses Facebook to communicate and to measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
Silverfin uses HotJar to measure and understand the user experience.